Webinar Series – Tribally Controlled Schools
Best Practices and Tools for Success
With the signing of the Tribally Controlled Schools Act in 1988, tribes, directly or via tribal organizations, gained the authority to administer educational systems through contracting with the Bureau of Indian Education (BIE). Under the recently announced BIE reform, the Bureau is requesting that more tribes consider administering education functions.
In order to provide our membership more information, please join NIEA and Dr. Roger Bordeaux next week – Tuesday, September 30, 2014 at 4:00 pm (eastern) – to determine if contracting is the right decision for your tribe and community. Dr. Roger Bordeaux is the Executive Director of the Association of Community Tribal Schools and will provide expertise, best practices, and address potential concerns.
The webinar will cover:
- Questions tribes and Native communities should consider before contracting;
- Legal background and foundations of tribally controlled schools; and
- Contracting and granting requirements – reporting guidelines, fiscal responsibilities, etc.
- Dr. Roger Bordeaux, Association of Community Tribal Schools Executive Director
- Ahniwake Rose, NIEA Executive Director
- Date: Tuesday, September 30, 2014
- Time: 4:00 – 5:00 pm (eastern)
- Registration: Please click HERE
- Additional Details: Please visit www.niea.org.
For more information or questions, please contact Diana Cournoyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.