The full tuition and residential scholarship for Columbia’s Summer Program for High School Students is offered in partnership by Columbia University’s Secondary School Programs and the Center for Native American Youth. One American Indian/Alaska Native scholar will be selected to attend the program during the 2015 summer in New York City.
Session I: June 28, 2015 – July 18, 2015
Session II: July 20, 2015 – August 08, 2015
CNAY accepts applications for both the Junior-Senior and Freshman-Sophomore Divisions:
- Junior-Senior Division: Available to students who will enter grades 11 or 12 or first year of college in Fall 2015.
- Freshman-Sophomore Division: Available to students who will enter grades 9 or 10 in Fall 2015.
Students can submit hard copy applications or apply online by following the following links:
- CNAY Scholarship Application (PDF): http://goo.gl/5TMW0d
- Online Scholarship Application: http://goo.gl/57rZdw
- Online Recommendation Form: http://goo.gl/6LCFwA
Complete applications include:
- Application Form, response to “Story of Inspiration” essay prompt;
- Recommendation form from teacher/professor;
- High school transcript; and
- Proof of tribal enrollment or descendancy (includes letter from tribal leader of affiliated tribal nation or leader at urban Indian community).
- Recommended: High School resume
Application Deadline: March 6, 2015
For more information, click here to visit the Center for Native American Youth. If you have questions or would like to request additional information, please contact email@example.com.