I was on the Tribal Consultation webinar and my take on it was: There are no plans to change the Impact Aid law itself but merely the wording within the guidelines. We need to push for stronger clearer language within the law itself. What were minimum requirements of past no longer meet today’s needs for Indian children and there parents. We need to stand together and push for changes. Stronger verbage for the IPP requirements, definitions and clarifications of Assessments, reporting, equal participation and more. I will be writing a formal statement in regards to the Tribal Consultation.
Dr. Sherry Johnson is the Tribal Education Director for the Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate, which is a member of TEDNA.
If you missed it, here are the documents from the consultation: Impact Aid Consultation PPT and the Impact Aid Regulations. There is another consultation scheduled for:
- Tuesday, July 28th at 2:30pm EST
There is limited space, so please register.
1) Visit http://educate.webex.com
2) In the header menu, click on Training Center, then the Upcoming tab.
3) Select the session you would like to attend and click the registration link on the right hand side of the page. The registration password is Consult16.
4) Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to the Webex session, as well as instructions for how to dial in to the proceedings.
0 responses to “Dr. Sherry Johnson on the Impact Aid Consultation”